Principles of Practice
NetDirectBusiness Information Network
Network will strive to uphold the values of good journalism for an open society.
Network has the last decision on publish of information provided.
- The Network’s mission and first obligation is to the truth.
- Its first loyalty is to citizens.
- Members must be committed to citizens first.
- Members must set and communicate clear standards.
- Member’s have final say over their news and content.
- Its essence is a discipline of verification.
- Do not add.
- Do not deceive.
- Be transparent in purpose.
- Do not mislead sources.
- Be original.
- Be humble.
- The Network practitioners must maintain an independence from those they cover.
- They must serve as an independent monitor of power.
- They must provide a forum for public criticism and compromise.
- They must strive to make the significant interesting and relevant.
- They must keep the news comprehensive and proportional.
- They must be allowed to exercise their personal conscience.